Now more than ever, SEO is so closely related to the live web that real-time actions and accurate, precise measurements of web analytics is needed.
Blog farms and now the infamous “autoblog” — spitting out other people’s article for cheap traffic — give way to deceptive analytics metrics and misleading web stats. Today’s Internet marketing professional needs tools that are easily accessible, accurate, and reliable.
Thanks to a burgeoning popularity of open-source development, application developers have been able to turn out quite a few impressive SEO and web analytics tools that that can be used to track page rank, backlink information, site health statistics, and on-page analytics — all right from the comfort of your favorite open-source browser: Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
#3 – SEO & Website Analysis (Firefox and Chrome)
The title of this SEO plugin is referred to as “SEO & Website Analysis” on both the Google Chrome Extension Gallery and the Addons for Firefox directory. But it can also be sometimes referred to as “SEO Report” (Chrome) or “SEO WooRank” (Firefox).
Whatever its title, this powerful little extension sure packs an SEO punch by providing very deep on-site SEO and website analytics for any given website.
As a a tool for rapid on-site analytics tracking, it does a great job. After installation, you simply click the WooRank icon that appears on your browser’s user panel to view a full SEO analysis of the website you are visiting.
#2 – SearchStatus (Firefox)
Touted by many web developers and SEO specialists as “the must-have Firefox addon for SEO,” SearchStatus is a toolbar extension for Firefox and SeaMonkey. SearchStatus allows you to see how any and every website in the world is performing.
Designed for the highly specialised needs of search engine marketers, Search Status provides extensive search-related information about a site, all conveniently displayed in one discreet and compact toolbar.
For every site you visit, SearchStatus gives you a simple visual layout of: Google PageRank, Google Category, Alexa popularity ranking, Compete.com ranking, SEOmoz Linkscape mozRank, Alexa related links and backward links from Google, Yahoo!, and MSN. This search-related information means you can view not only the link importance of a site (according to Google and Linkscape), but also its traffic importance (according to Alexa and Compete). This provides you with a balanced view of site efficacy.
Most useful features:
- Google PageRank, Alexa Rank and Compete.com Rank toolbars for every page you visit
- Highlight nofollow links, access any page matatags with one click, view the link report and robots.txt info
- Search Google and see your search history and Google suggestions
- Displays all publicly available information about a site’s domain owner, contact details, expiry dates, etc.
- Analyze the density of any keyword in any blog. SearchStatus breaks the analysis down into Title tag, body, H1/H3 tags etc so you can optimize it much more easily.
- Link reporting: Easily monitor the links to any website. You will also see information categorized into external links, internal links, no follow, and nearly every link parameter a SEO web professional will need
#1 – SEO Quake (Chrome and Firefox)
SeoQuake is a powerful browser addon for Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Its goal is to help browser users to obtain real-time site information such as page rank, backlinks, and other important SEO parameters on the fly.
I personally use SeoQuake on a daily basis. From day 1, I found it easy to use, reliable (doesn’t crash my browser and works like a charm), and very accurate. Three excellent qualities for any SEO browser plugin.
Most useful features of SeoQuake:
- Get instant access to any information about the page you have opened: Google index, Yahoo! backlinks, Alexa Rank, archive age, Del.icio.us mentions, subpages, source, Whois, keyword density and many more.
- Integrate all the above data in your Google, Yahoo and MSN search results page. Sort the results by any of the parameters.
- Fully customizable: add/exclude any of the parameters; make the tool work faster by showing all the info only by request; add your own features.
SeoQuake – Google Chrome: http://bit.ly/seoquake-chrome
SeoQuake – Firefox: http://bit.ly/seo-quake-firefox