Most men develop some sort of preferred routine when it comes to masturbation, including when and where they most enjoy doing it, how long, with what aid, and, of course, in which position. Certainly men do tend to switch it up on occasion, but over time, there tends to be some consistency in these areas. However, when it comes to position, are there reasons to switch it up more often? Those men who are interested in proper penis care may want to consider this and possibly make some modifications to their routine in order to prevent desensitization, or worse, injury.
While there are variations on what position a man may take during masturbation, these are essentially the six “basics,” along with a discussion of the pros and cons of each:
– Standing. Masturbating while standing (usually with the feet shoulder-length apart and with the knees often bent and/or the pelvis thrust slightly forward) is a classic position. Standing is especially good when one is looking to perform a “quickie;” for lengthier masturbation sessions, it can become rather tiring. Masturbating while standing at the toilet tends to make clean-up easier, as the semen can drop into the bowl; it’s also the preferred way to masturbate in the shower, although one must be careful of falling while so engaged.
– Sitting. Probably the most popular position, due to the amount of computer pornography that is used during masturbation. Sitting in front of a screen provides a man with ample opportunity to view stimulating material. It’s also easier to engage in lengthy masturbation sessions while seated. However, most men masturbate at the computer in a “shoulders hunched” position, and over time this can be bad on the back and neck. Also, men who place a laptop too close to the crotch run the risk of heat from the laptop damaging sperm production.
– Lying on the back. Before the advent of computer pornography, this may very well have been the most popular position – and it’s still way up there. This is probably the most comfortable way to masturbate, especially if a man is using only his imagination and his hand. Those lying down in bed with a laptop or printed pornography may be twisting their bodies in some ways which may provide strain.
– Lying on the front. Lying prone and masturbating the penis by rubbing it against the sheets allows for an approximation of the act of penetrative sex. Sometimes, however, this can add too much friction for the penis and may make it rather raw.
– Kneeling. Unless one’s legs are sufficiently strong, this can produce some strain for lengthy sessions.
– On all fours (or threes). In this position, a man gets down on all fours, then uses one hand to masturbate while steadying himself on the other. Unless one has sufficient arm strength, this is a position which is best for shorter masturbation excursions.
So which position is best in terms of penis care? That largely depends on the individual, but lying prone, as mentioned, can create a sore penis. Those which require a quick road to ejaculation may cause a man to masturbate too vigorously or grip too tightly, which may result in rawness. Sitting is excellent for lengthy sessions, but poor posture may result. Objectively, lying on the back probably is the healthiest for the penis in general. However, as stated, each individual is different and what can be a deficit position for one man may be the preferred one for another.
Whatever position one employs when indulging in masturbation, overenthusiasm may result in soreness. Using a first class penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) can help ease soreness and maintain overall penis health. A raw feeling penis will respond to a crème with soothing, restorative hydrators like shea butter and vitamin E. Sometimes aggressive masturbation will also lead to a diminishment of feeling in the penis, which affects pleasure during sex. Look for a crème with acetyl L carnitine, a neuroprotective ingredient that helps avoid peripheral nerve injury that lessens sensitivity in the penis. Whatever one’s masturbation position, penis care is crucial.