Blogger versus WordPress is a popular debate among Bloggers. Both have their merits and indeed there are dozens of hugely popular platforms from which to spread your message.
A Blog is simply an online journal that can be freely shared with millions of Internet users. Virtually any content that offers value can be turned into a Blog. Over time these accumulated snippets of content may be combined to produce an e-book.
Blogger is very user friendly and favored by many new on-liners.
- To create your first Blog, simply search for the term Blogger, and click on their website. Using your email, you can create a free account.Choose a template that suits the flavor of your content.
- This can be changed at anytime. There is no coding or any HTML required.
- The title of your blog should clearly indicate what your Blog is about.
- Ideally you should use a descriptive URL, for instance: your name. blogspot.com
- Using Word or a Text Editor, compose your first Blog. It is recommended that you keep the content brief, perhaps 100 to 500 words.
- Copy and paste onto the post box.
- Keep the delivery short, by using brief sentences and using breaks between paragraphs. You can edit using the compose tab, which allows you to add links and photos and a multitude of other formatting tools.
- If you would like your Blog to be found by the search engines, then it is worth taking the time to choose a title, which has the appropriate keywords that best describe the nature of your Blog.
- If you are using your blog to promote a business it is worth spending a little time and effort studying the settings options. In a few minutes you can add your profile, and some widgets, pictures and even auto-responders.
- Unlike a website, Blogs are designed in order to be continually edited and updated. It is not necessary to have much content before you publish. In fact even a simple greeting and introduction, constitutes a new Blog.
- Always preview your Blog before publishing. It is possible to make changes after publishing, but many obvious mistakes are missed in the haste to publish.
- Announce the publication of your Blog on all your social networking sites by share the link.
- Encourage people to comment in the box below. You can mediate or delete these comments later if you wish.
If you have some content already, then it should literally take you 10 minutes to launch your blog to the world. Dive in and good luck.